My friend (hi Amy!) has convinced me to try Junk Free June, so I thought I’d add a few healthy weeknight meals for inspiration! This one takes less than half an hour to make, it’s DELICIOUS and satisfies a carb-lovers pasta craving without being too heavy and sickly. It’s also gluten-free and vegetarian.
My absolute favourite brand Ceres Organics does a gluten-free spaghetti made from quinoa and rice which isn’t gross (like a lot of gluten-free pasta) and is so filling!
I made my own basil pesto for this (which I will post once I perfect my recipe) but you can use whatever you can find at the supermarket.
- 1 packet Ceres Organics quinoa rice spaghetti (or another pasta of your choice)
- 1/2 packet feta (I used goat feta), chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 handfuls spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup (ish) basil pesto
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to the packet instructions
- While the pasta cooks, prepare your pesto (if making your own)
- Chop the feta, tomatoes and spinach
- Drain the pasta
- Mix in the pesto first, a bit at a time to get it evenly distributed
- Add the feta, tomatoes and spinach
- Add salt and pepper to taste
– The Stuffed Unicorn