It can be so hard to eat healthy at work when there’s usually so many takeaway places nearby! And bringing a sandwich can feel pretty sad. There is another way! MEAL PREP. Batch cooking a week’s worth of lunches the weekend before is quick, easy and it means you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal every day!
You can sub the chicken for anything (tofu would be perfect!), but in this instance chicken is my absolute fave to go with roast veges. You can use any veges here, it’s a great way to use up any leftover and sad looking ones rattling around in your fridge.
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 tbsp soy sauce/tamari/coconut aminos
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium sized kumara
- 2 courgettes
- 2 capsicums
- 1 small-medium eggplant
- 2-3 carrots
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, mixed herbs, rosemary
- Combine the honey and soy/tamari/aminos with a little water. Add sliced garlic. Place in a zip lock lock bag, add the chicken and leave to marinate.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C
- Chop all the veges into cubes, place on a baking tray, mix with olive oil and seasonings
- Bake veges for 30-40 mins or until cooked through
- Divide the veges into 4 containers
- Pan fry the marinated chicken thighs with a little oil for 20 mins or until cooked through
- Place one thigh in each container, wait till it cools down before putting the lid on and placing in the fridge
SO EASY! And yum 🙂 enjoy!
– The Stuffed Unicorn